Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two Little Words


There are two words in the american language that carry great meaning.

Thank You.

“Gracias”, “Mahalo”, “Merci”, “Grazie"....”Thank You”.  No matter how you choose to say it, I believe "thank you" is critical to understand and use in life.  I don’t think we pause to use it enough in our fast-paced society.

I want to slow down and become more thankful.

It has been said that “a grateful heart is one that finds the countless blessings of God in the seemingly mundane everyday life”.   I fail to do this almost every day.

If you have been following my blog, you know that my primary goal is to recognize and enjoy the simple things in life. I realize that to enjoy the simple things I need to identify the many blessings that I have surrounding me….and be THANKFUL.

Charles Spurgeon once said “it is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
 
I want to enjoy life.  

I want to be thankful…in everything (1Thessalonians 5:18)

In honor of this goal, I made “thank-you” cards.  






My inspiration came from Kristi Graves (who makes and sales personal hand-made cards) and the book: Joy of Card Making






One thing I appreciated about this little project is that it was very inexpensive (almost free!).   I already had most of the supplies which I have collected throughout the years.  


Supplies:  Blank Cards or Card Stock, Scrapbook Paper, Label Holders, Brads, and Glue.


I used a few different concepts that I found in the book.  The beautiful part of this project is that you can't mess up because no one knows what it was "supposed" to look like.  :)

All you need to do is print and cut and glue.  Once you are done making the card you write your "thank you" messages and then give them away.  

Simple.




 
If you recall in my last post, I made cake pops and placed a few in bags for gifts.  These cake pops and cards will be given out as “thank yous” for some people who have really blessed me these past few years.



These cards were not difficult to make and added a personal touch to a sincere thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment