Sunday, February 26, 2012

a simple love story


Well, it has been quite some time since I have written an entry for this blog.

Nine months in fact. 

A lot has happened in my time away.  Since I have been absent, the following has taken place: I met the man of my dreams, he asked me to marry him, and I said “yes!”.  We plan to marry on June 2, 2012.

JJ Routley is one of the greatest blessing I have ever received.



He is the man that I have been praying for my entire life.  JJ loves the Lord with his whole being and he loves me almost as much. 

Now that life has settled down a bit, I am attempting to blog about simple life adventures once again.  I find it fitting to share a part of my little love story as my returning blog because it was these events, which kept me from blogging over the course of the past few months.

How We Met:
For those who were faithful blog followers, you will recall that my goal last summer was to enjoy the simple things in life.  I desired to slow down in the midst of the fast-pace life surrounding me.  Consequently, I began to attend a small Bible study.  You see, reading and studying the Bible is one of the greatest joys in my life.  I decided that this would be a great way to experience this joy with others.

It was at that bible study that I met the love of my life. 

JJ began to pursue me in a very intentional manner, which I found very attractive.  He was a man who knew what he wanted and pursed it.  We began to spend a lot of time together and, consequently, I fell in love.

One thing I have learned through my relationship with JJ is that when God is behind something, it is very simple.  Sure, there will be hard times, sometimes very hard times…but, when God is blessing it, it is much easier. 

How He Proposed:
I could write about countless memories that JJ and I have made together over these past nine months:  trips to Lake Geneva, Davenport, Springfield and many others stand out, however; the most memorable trip that JJ and I took together was when we traveled to Portland, OR.  While we were there, JJ met my family and toured my hometown.











We spent a morning getting lost in Powell's Books...
         
and we spent an afternoon exploring Hoodriver, OR.                                                                                                          





Of course we visited Multnomah Falls. :)









However, the best part of that trip:

it was there that JJ asked me to be his wife.







He proposed in front of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.


It was beautiful despite the rain, wind and powerful storm that was occurring all around us.  I can not even try to explain all the amazing details that surrounded this day.  You will just have to trust me when I say:


It was absolutely perfect.


What Is Next:
Now that life has begun to settle down (except for the fact that I am planning a wedding that will take place in 3 months!!!!), I am going to attempt to continue this blog about the simple things in life.

However, now that JJ is in my life, this blog will not only be my personal adventures and lessons in life…


...it will include two of us now. :)

5 comments:

  1. So happy to see that you've returned to your blog, and so So SO happy for you and JJ! I can't wait to see what adventures this new stage in your life will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time in your life, Janelle! I am so happy that the Lord brought the two of you together. Two people who love the Lord and come together offer twice as much to the world than they would have apart! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle, I am so thrilled and happy for you! I think of you often! I read your engagement story on your sisters blog and it made me smile :) I'm so excited to read about what's to come. Keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I loved reading your love story, I'm so excited for everything the Lord has in store for you and JJ! Joey and I think you're a wonderful addition to the family, and we're looking forward to seeing more of you :)

    ReplyDelete