Saturday, March 10, 2012

Home Sweet Home

JJ and I purchased a house this weekend!!!

Front Yard


We can’t wait to make it a home.


Back Yard 


In my mind, it is absolutely perfect…although in reality, it is definitely a fixer-upper. :)  

Even though there is a lot of work ahead for us (especially for JJ), I am really excited about the fact that this house needs a little love and attention.  You see, I have always thought the concept of “flipping” a house sounded like a fun project.  Watching “Flip that House” or “Trading Spaces” just seemed to feed this desire of mine, however; it was far beyond what I could manage.  I have always known I don’t have the skills or capabilities to accomplish such a large task. 


I am so thankful I am marrying a carpenter. :)


Kitchen

Although there are many quirky things about this house, JJ and I know that God has provided the perfect place at the perfect time. 


We are so thankful.



Right now we are in the process of picking out color schemes, flooring and cabinets.  This process can be overwhelming at times.  You see, I tend to over analyze decisions I need to make, and then over analyze once again…and again. 


Living Room
However, one things has made me very thankful through this entire process: I don’t have to worry.  As we make decisions I can be a peace because no matter what the house ends up looking like, what problems we run across along the way, or mishaps might occur (who knows what will happen as I swing a hammer) :)…it is all with the man I trust and love.



Routley Construction already hard at work

JJ and I can’t wait to begin remodeling this place.  We have great visions for what our new home will be.  

Stay tuned for updates on the renovations and maybe some “Tips From JJ: easy improvements that anyone can manage” (including me!). :)




5 comments:

  1. LOVE it, Janelle. :) What fun for you guys to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Janelle! And congratulations on the new home :) One day you will look back and be able to say, "look at the home we made together" --- and you won't be talking just about the cosmetic changes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE are soooo excited for you guys! It looks amazzzzing! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janelle I just love it! That is the perfect and sweetest first house anyone could hope for. Congratulations!-Sarah Perin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so happy for you two!!! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete