Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the simple cupcake


I have a new love for cupcakes. 


I first became intrigued by cupcakes in 2008.  It was during this year that I traveled to New York City for a 10-day vacation with my friend Jamie.  During this trip I encountered one of the most delicious cupcakes I have ever eaten…


…in my entire life.


You see, we went to Magnolias.  Magnolias is famous for being the bakery where all the movie stars purchase their birthday cakes.


After hearing all the reviews, I was surprised to find out that Magnolias was a very humble looking bakery.  Consequently, I was skeptical when I first entered, however; the humble appearance was deceiving.  The baked goods that come out of that plain, little shop are far from ordinary.

I purchased four cupcakes that afternoon. 
  
All four cupcakes were eaten within an hour.

You see, I soon realized that these were not just any normal cupcakes...these were MAGNOLIAS cupcakes.  They simply melt in your mouth.


My cupcake journey continued on into last summer.  While taking a break from my schoolwork, I clicked on the television.  As I surfed TV stations, I stumbled upon Cupcake Wars (on the food network).  I was so fascinated by the bakers who made scrumptious looking cupcakes under intense pressure and guidelines.  This show left a lasting impression on me.  I realized that there is much that can be done to alter the taste and presentation of a seemingly plain, simple, little cupcake.

This summer I was inspired to make cupcakes. 

I planned a princess party for a few little girls at my church this week.  So, I decided that this was the perfect time to try out cupcake decorating.  With the help of my friend, Kristi, I made a fairy-tale land out of cupcakes.


Plain, little, ordinary cupcakes were decorated into princess crowns, magical wands and my personal favorite…butterflies.



The cupcakes added a fun touch to this little party. 

Thanks Kristi for all your help! Once again…you have taught me well!

More to come on the princess party…. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment